Welcome to Department of Geology, The department came into existence in the year 2021. The department aims to study and monitor the earth processes and geo-resources such as minerals, oil and water, while extending the results of these efforts to the benefits of the students and the society; and to prepare students for careers in the fields of geoscience.The department endorses the concept of smart teaching by Geological Lab and Library, green/white board, surprise test/quiz, seminars, projects, extensive field works etc. to enable students at the forefront of education and research internationally.
Geology including geomorphology, mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry, sedimentology, stratigraphy, palaeontology, hydrogeology, remote sensing & GIS, environmental geology, geophysics, and economic geology. We have been revamping the curriculum and updating the teaching resource to match the ambitions of our students. Currently, we have 10 Under Graduates students enrolled under these programmes.
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE
- To build a pre-eminence department for Graduate and Post graduate studies research in the field of Geosciences
- To develop certain core facilities and appropriate world class research laboratories to synergies both the teaching and research
- To establish an advanced research centre for geosciences with state-of-the-art facility. This will enable faculty members to have collaboration with other institute, to have consultancy work and to mobilize grant from various funding agencies
- To generate well-acquainted and proficient faculties of international standard having the pure dedication on research and teaching profession in the field of Geology.To expand the program from graduation to the doctoral level so that students from this department will serve the nation with ease and pride in different capacities at various scientific organization like ISRO, CSIR, GSI, DRDO, DAE etc., and in the teaching profession in institutes and universities of the country
- To aspire and encourage the younger generation in taking up the academic career in pure and applied sciences through various outreach program
VISION AND MISSION
- To build a department of international standard with state-of-the-art facility for research to produce well-trained, competent, academic and professional geoscientists capable of responding to societal needs and to lead geoscience community by providing utmost levels of education through teaching and research programs
- This department will create a collegial, collaborative and inspiring environment for faculty and students, resilient and well-funded Centre of Excellence in the emerging areas of Geology
- Efforts will be made to have many national/international collaborations of common interest with various educational institutes and industries to formulate the projects and mobilization of funds
- To impart knowledge with blend of traditional basics of Earth Sciences and the emerging cutting-edge techniques of geological importance
- To conduct frontier geoscience research to enhance scientific understanding for sustainable future
- Efforts to be made for understanding the geogenic cause for local and region issues related to environment and health
|Asst. Prof. Pribin Mathew Thomas||94474 46532|